Who We Are
Incorporated in 1995, Traverse Tours Sdn Bhd or fondly known worldwide as RIVERBUG Crew is a 100% Bumiputera owned company. Throughout the years, Traverse Tours Sdn Bhd has grown to be the leading name in its field and continues to thrive, along with the tourism industry, and is renowned as 'The White Water Rafting Specialists' in this part of the world. We believe in going the extra miles when it comes to delivering the ultimate White Water Rafting experience.
As the leading outdoor activities operator and Malaysia’s number one Whitewater Rafting operator, RIVERBUG operates in properly and professionally manner. Our head office is located at 2nd Floor West Wing Wisma Sabah, Kota Kinabalu and our branch office is located at 19-C, 1st floor, Jalan Kg. Rawa Gopeng Perak. We have three (3) main product located at Kiulu, Tamparuli Sabah; Padas, Beaufort Sabah and Gopeng, Kampar Perak. All of these three bases equipped with whitewater rafting facilities that can fit up to minimum of 200 guests.
RIVERBUG's crew consists of professional river guides with more than 10 years of experience in adventure activities, with proficiency in both, Swift Water Rescue Program and White Water Safety. In our years of operation; we took pride in our impeccable safety record.
"All of our guides are trained in water safety rescue techniques certified by International Rafting Federation (IRF) and the New Zealand Canoeing Association...with a continuous refresher course for every six months"
At present, our rafting crew consists of 50 staff which can handle 300 people in a single journey and at any given time. We are a believer in having crazy fun but our priority will always be safety for our guests. One need to undergo at least 20 times for Grade I and II rivers and 60 times run for Grade III and IV rivers for them to be part of the RIVERBUG raft guide.
One thing that we are proud of is the expertise that we have in adventure field. As an experts for more than 20 years; we strive to provide our guest with the best adventure journey of their lives. Our crew is simply committed when it comes to safety because when it comes to people’s life; it is not an option, it is our priority.
Facts about us
- Started in 1995 and fondly known worldwide as RIVERBUG or the RIVERBUG Crew.
- The pioneers of White Water Rafting in Sabah, Malaysian Borneo
- Our tours and excursions namely: white water rafting, kayaking, corporate training, jungle trekking, abseiling, river tubing, wildlife close up, nature adventure, scenic camping sites, custom made adventure tour and so much more.
- Riverbug Sabah offers excellent outdoor facilities for your total comfort and convenience.
- We have the largest capacity in a single trip of whitewater rafting.
- To hire local talents
- To maximize the understanding between nature and visitors
- To grow along our local talents
- To be the best tour operator in Peninsular Malaysia with balanced lifestyle
- Paddle OR Die (when we go on the river)
- Paddle OR Die Trying (in providing our services to you, our customers)
More About Us
- Convenience: 24-hours online booking available (via email and telephone)
- Safety: Staff are trained for emergency evacuation procedure and refresher-training for river guides on white water rafting course internally organized quarterly
- Standard: Annual risk assessment of the environment in which we operate our tours
- Management: Experts in White Water Rafting and outdoor activities with more than 10 years’ experience in both
- Communication: The only operator with a satellite telephone in Padas River for prompt communication and action
- Guides: Highly trained by Management with more than 3-10 years’ experience
- Certification: Guides are certified by the New Zealand Canoeing Association
- Specialization: Swift Water Rescue Program and White Water Safety
- Equipment: Replaced every five years for your comfort and safety
- Our capacity for a single trip of white water rafting is:
- Kiulu River: 400 guests
- Padas River: 200 guests
Sabah Contact Information:
Traverse Tours Sdn Bhd
Tel: +6 0198 204 921
For Booking Enquiries: